Monday, September 8, 2014

Popping Shoulders and Tune Ups at the Gym

Clint, my professional football player stops in now and then at SonomaXFitness for a tune up.  He has an issue with his shoulder that many people have, so we have to work carefully to refine each exercise, look for new ideas in technique and work out smart!

Shoulders are a big problem for a lot of people and so each exercise has to be tailored to the individual.  I'm a kinda hands on coach.  I paying attention to where there is crackling and popping in the shoulder so we can back off.  Sometimes I can actually hear it!  Other times I can feel it.  I have to pay attention because often people will say "It doesn't hurt," but I make them stop when I feel it and we change the direction of the lift for a safe exercise experience.  

You have to be kind to that body!  It will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts